- Tropical paradise with sunny weather year-round
- 365 white-sand beaches across the island’s sparkling coastline
- Famous sailing destination that’s home to a world-class regatta
Home to 365 white-sand beaches – one for every day of the year – the tropical island of Antigua offers blissful beach weather year-round. Located in the West Indies, Antigua is rich in colonial history, with its sheltered bays having provided refuge to both buccaneer pirates and the famous Captain Horatio Nelson. The island is now an adventurer's playground, hosting a world-class sailing regatta that takes place in the spring, professional golf courses and some of the best kite surfing and kite boarding conditions in the Caribbean. Along with all these opportunities for adventure, there are also plenty of options for rest and relaxation along the lush tropical shores. With 365 beaches dotting the coast, travellers will never run out of options when choosing where to soak up the sun or take a leisurely stroll across the sand; plus, the protected bays and calm waters make this island an ideal destination for families travelling with kids. After a day of adventure and fun in the sun travellers can indulge in delicious Antiguan cuisine including sugar cake, an authentic Caribbean dessert.
National language: English
Currency: USD (United States Dollar). We recommend travellers bring USD (United States Dollar) for their vacation.
Language notes: Hello! English is widely spoken in the Bahamas.
Travel tips: Canadian devices use 120 V, and while most will work with 220 V it is suggested that you pay attention to your device's voltage and use a step-down voltage converter when necessary. Modern low-power devices such as USB chargers and laptop chargers will typically auto-adapt to different voltages.
What to pack: Don’t know what to bring? Don’t worry. Click Here for a full checklist to print and refer to when packing for your all-inclusive vacation in Antigua.
What to buy: Antigua has a wide variety of different shops and boutiques where you can purchase handmade gifts, souvenirs, clothing, and jewellery. There are also many shops where you can make duty-free purchases.
Getting around: Your local Sunwing Experiences representative will handle your airport transfers, providing you with round-trip transportation from the airport to your resort and back. To discover all the incredible things to do and see, Sunwing Experiences will take you on a range of exciting tours and excursions.Read more
Plan your perfect day in paradise on the island of Antigua - with over 365 sparkling white-sand beaches to choose from, there's no shortage of options for your beachside nuptials!
Legal wedding requirements
- Wedding couple must arrive in destination at least two business days prior to the ceremony date.
- Valid passports for the wedding couple.
- Valid birth certificates for the wedding couple.
- If either party is divorced, they must provide a copy of the final divorce decree.
- If either party has been widowed, they must provide a copy of the death certificate.
- 2 witnesses and copies of witnesses’ valid passports.
- Marriage application forms must be filled out and signed at the Ministry of Legal Affairs on Queen Elizabeth Highway. Both parties must be present with their legal document requirements at the time of the application.
- The registrar’s office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination wedding in Antigua. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
Legal ceremonies will incur additional costs. Additional requirements may also apply. Please contact your desired resort directly for legal ceremony fees and any additional requirements. For more information contact email@example.com.Read more