Experience Costa Rica
- Explore diverse lush landscapes
- Discover an abundance of exotic wildlife
- Uncover natural gems with exciting eco-excursions
Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, Costa Rica is a fascinating tropical paradise in the heart of Central America. Whether you are travelling for a relaxing vacation or an action-packed getaway, Costa Rica’s unique landscapes offer something for every traveller to enjoy. Along the coast, vacationers will find beautiful white and dark-sand beaches where they can soak up the sun or explore the crystal-clear waters with a variety of water sports, from snorkelling to surfing. Costa Rica is home to 5% of the world’s biodiversity, with nearly a quarter of the country covered by protected rainforest, making it an ideal destination for eco-explorers. Nature lovers can get a glimpse of Costa Rica’s rich biodiversity with a river boat ride through the rainforest, an exciting zipline circuit above the jungle canopy or a tour to visit a volcano. Cultural explorers can stroll through the historic streets of Liberia, marvel at the white adobo houses and visit museums for a glimpse of Costa Rica’s colourful history.Read more
National language: Spanish
Language notes: Hola! While the local language is Spanish, English is widely spoken in resorts and tourist destinations.
Currency: CRC (Costa Rica Colón)
Travel tips: Canadian devices use 120 V and will work with 110 V. Many resorts have 120 V plugs. For older devices, items using motors or heating (heated beauty tools, electric toothbrushes) and three-prong plugs we recommend bringing an adaptor with voltage conversion.
What to pack: Don’t know what to bring? Don’t worry. Click Here for our full packing list.
What to buy: From colourful handcrafted souvenirs to delicious coffee and chocolate, there are numerous commemorative items you can choose to bring home. Costa Rica’s mantra is "pura vida," meaning "pure life," and you’ll likely find many souvenirs from shirts to hoodies and keychains with the slogan. Or you can change up your style with colourful necklaces, earrings and bracelets made of bamboo and seeds.
Getting around: Your local Sunwing Experiences representative will handle your airport transfers, providing you with round-trip transportation from the airport to your resort and back. They are also on hand to recommend the best experiences to ensure you make the most of your time away. Be sure to attend you welcome briefing to learn about the handpicked selection of Sunwing Experiences offered for your destination.Read more
This Central American destination is perfect for adventurous couples planning a unique destination wedding. Host your big day in the lush rainforest, on a dramatic dark-sand beach or a beautiful terrace, the options are endless in Costa Rica.
Legal wedding requirements
- Wedding couple must arrive in destination at least three business days prior to the ceremony date.
- Copies of valid passports for the wedding couple.
- Copies of valid birth certificates for the wedding couple.
- If either party is divorced, they must provide a copy of the final divorce decree.
- If either party has been widowed, they must provide a copy of the death certificate.
- 2 witnesses and copies of witnesses’ valid passports (witnesses must be 18 years or older who are close relatives of the couple).
- The application form must be completed which will include: full names, parents names and nationalities, birthplace, nationality, identification number, profession, phone numbers, home addresses and email addresses.
- Wedding couple must send scanned copies of all these documents at least 15 days prior to the wedding date.
Legal ceremonies will incur additional costs. Additional requirements may also apply. Please contact your desired resort directly for legal ceremony fees and any additional requirements. For more information contact email@example.com.Read more