Experience Grenada

Fast facts
  • Lush landscapes featuring picturesque mountains, waterfalls and rainforests
  • Explore the fascinating Underwater Sculpture Park with a scuba diving adventure
  • Soak in the local culture and history on a sightseeing tour

As the Grenadines’ largest island, Grenada features a lush mountainous interior and is home to breathtaking waterfalls and magical rainforests. The island offers numerous spectacular beaches, including the world-famous Grand Anse Beach with picturesque views of the coast and silky sand shores. There are lots of opportunities for adventure on this lush island; you can dive or snorkel in the Underwater Sculpture Park, hike along rugged landscapes to picturesque waterfalls and panoramic mountain peaks, or float down one of the island’s rushing rivers on an inner tube. The island sets the tone for romance, with some of the most spectacular sunsets in the Caribbean that you can admire from your hotel balcony or a secluded beach.

Read more
Travel tips

National language: English

Currency: USD (United States Dollar).

Voltage: 110V

Travel tips: It is recommended that you bring adapters. Swimwear is not permitted on main roads and in bars, restaurants and shops. Also, to differentiate between military personnel and civilians, law in Grenada prohibits civilians from wearing camouflage prints.

What to buy: Rum from one of the island’s rum distilleries and guava jam are popular picks to bring home from Grenada.

Read more
Weddings NEW

From magical waterfalls to lush rainforests, host your dream destination wedding on the tropical island of Grenada.

Legal wedding requirements

  • Wedding couple will need to be in destination three full days (including weekends / holidays) before the wedding can take place.
  • Valid passports for the wedding couple.
  • Valid birth certificates for the wedding couple.
  • Proof of Single Status. You'll need to bring an affidavit or a letter from either a member of the clergy or an attorney verifying that you are indeed single and free to marry.
  • Proof of Name Change. In the event that either party has changed their name by Deed Poll, proof is required.
  • If either party has been divorced, a proof of the Decree Absolute will be required.
  • If either party has been widowed, they must provide a copy of the death certificate.
  • Parental Consent. If either party is under the age of 21, parental consent must be given in writing.
  • Upon arrival you will need to apply for a marriage license at the office of the Prime Minister, which can take up to 2 days to process. Please keep in mind that if you have been divorced, the process may take a little longer. This is due to the fact that the documents will need to pass through the Ministry of Legal Affairs before the license can be issued.
  • All papers must be in English and they must be certified.

Legal ceremonies will incur additional costs. Additional requirements may also apply. Please contact your desired resort directly for legal ceremony fees and any additional requirements. For more information contact weddings@sunwing.ca.

Read more

Sunwing makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained herein and cannot be held responsible for changes, errors or omissions. Please note that all pricing listed is subject to change with or without notice.