Experience Saint Lucia
- Cruise along the coast past the island’s famous majestic Pitons
- Discover lush rainforests and swim in the pool of a waterfall
- Visit the mud baths of Soufriere, one of the world’s only drive-in volcanoes
Palm-lined beaches, majestic mountains and breathtaking waterfalls await in the exotic Caribbean destination of Saint Lucia. Spend the day soaking up the sun on the pristine shores underneath a shady palm or take a dip in the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean Sea, perfect for snorkelling. Head out on an eco-excursion to explore the island’s lush landscapes on a hiking tour or enjoy a thrilling zipline ride high above the treetops of the rainforest. The volcano-side of Soufriere is a must-visit spot, home to one of the world’s only drive-in volcanoes where you can soak in natural mud baths and hot springs. Set sail on a catamaran cruise to admire unbeatable views of the island’s famous Pitons and its two imposing spires, which were designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.Read more
National language: English
Currency: XCD (East Caribbean Dollar). We recommend travellers bring USD (United States Dollar) for their vacation.
Language notes: Hello! While the location language is English, Creole (French Patois) is also widely spoken throughout Saint Lucia. Your destination reprentatives can also help with any common phrases or translation help.
Travel tips: Outlets here use the same plugs as in Canada. The French side of the island uses 220 V.
What to pack: Don’t know what to bring? Don’t worry. Click Here for a full checklist to print and refer to when packing for your all-inclusive vacation in Saint Lucia.
What to buy: With a long heritage in cocoa and a thriving industry that dates back to the 1700s, a fresh bar of single-estate chocolate is a delicious treat to take home with you or give to family and friends.
Getting around: Your local Sunwing Experiences representative will handle your airport transfers, providing you with round-trip transportation from the airport to your resort and back. To discover all the incredible things to do and see, Sunwing Experiences will take you on a range of exciting tours and excursions.
What to do: Take a catamaran ride along the coast for the best views of the Pitons or enjoy a relaxing soak in the island’s Sulphur Springs.Read more
With the majestic peaks of the Pitons and the sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea, it’s no wonder Saint Lucia is a favourite pick for romantic destination weddings!
Legal wedding requirements
- Wedding couple must arrive in destination at least three business days prior to the ceremony date. An earlier arrival date can be accommodated with expediting fees.
- Copies of valid passports for the wedding couple.
- Copies of valid birth certificates for the wedding couple.
- A deed poll (if either party has changed their name).
- A sworn affidavit of consent stamped by a notary public if either party is under the age of 18.
- An authenticated translation of any documents that are not in English.
- 2 witnesses and copies of witnesses’ valid passports.
- Marriage license applications can be made immediately upon arrival in Saint Lucia usually by the onsite weddings department.
- Couples will be provided with a temporary handwritten marriage certificate after the ceremony and it is recommended that couples apply for the official marriage certificate prior to departing Saint Lucia (which can be obtained from the Registry of Civil Status in Castries).
Legal ceremonies will incur additional costs. Additional requirements may also apply. Please contact your desired resort directly for legal ceremony fees and any additional requirements. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more